19 August, 2009

Making a Climbing Gym from a Door Frame

Today, I decided to try making a climbing gym out of one of the metal door frames in the hallways of my floor in the engineering building. I put the video here:



I had to use a (Japanese style) horse stand, shallow squats, and (shallow) side squats to warm up my glutes, and the other muscles in my legs, so as not to hurt myself, when climbing using the stemming technique. I also had to warm up my upper body, and especially the muscles around the shoulders (by doing Wushu style arm spins), so as not to pull any muscles.

It was a fun exercise session. It left me drenched in sweat; my face was so wet, my eyes stung (a little) from the salty sweat!

____________________________________________

20th August, 2009:

The sides of my buttocks are still aching from yesterday's exercise. I'll have to give them a few days' rest. More warm-ups, followed by stretches, I guess, then. All the better to work on horse stands, iliotibial band glute stretches, hurdler's stretches, butterfly stretches, and splits.

No comments:

Post a Comment